Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Soundtrack for Eastern Manitoba
Today we released our “Hiking Songs for The Great Trail in Eastern Manitoba” soundtrack, which is a list of songs which have either inspired us while we trekked this year along The Great Trail in 2020 or which we feel reflect the region we are hiking into!
Many of these songs also reflect our excitement of getting back into nature and in the immortal worlds of Willie Nelson ‘On the Road Again’!
One of our traditions, starting in June 2019 while we trekked along The Great Trail was to release a set of songs which have a special meaning for us, which we have heard a lot, have come to associate with our hike along the way, or that someone along the route pointed out to us and it stuck. Each month or so we will share a new list of these songs with you by uploading a small listing for your enjoyment.
- Ted Longbottom – Ballad of Gordy Ross
- Frances Luke Accord – Nowhere to be Found
- I Am Oak – Trees and Birds on Fire
- The Radical Face - The Mute
- The Head and the Heart - Another Story
- The Tallest Man on Earth - Burden of Tomorrow
- Puscifer – The Humbling River
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Man on Fire
- Roo Panes - Ran Before The Storm
- First Aid Kit - Wolf
- Ted Longbottom - The Buffalo Song
- The Boy and Bear - Rabbit Song
- The Oh Hellos - Hello My Old Heart
- The Melodic - When I Feel Free
- James Bay - Hold Back the River
- Jack Johnson - Better Together
- The Tragically Hip - At The Hundredth Meridian
- Wintersleep - Weighty Ghost
Complete listings of our previous playlists and songs are available on our blog!